Sunday, July 1, 2007

Life is a journey with many destinations- prelude to the final destanation!

First I would Like to Thank Jesus for saving me from self destruction and from freeing me from being held captive in my imprisoned mind.
Thanks Jesus!
Secondly I'd like to say thanks to my Brother and sister in Christ, Troy and Cathy Burnette for paving the road before us and all that were before them.
I've slowly been coming out of my shell that the world had incapsulated me in.
Finally set free at last.PRAISE GOD!
I prayed before our journey to Haiti that God would give me more faith and less worry, and boy did he deliver.
I never thought he'd use the Super Bowl and the lack of presence of Tanya to get the job done.
Note: Thanks God and what an awesome job you acomplished!
After arriving in Haiti at the airport we saw two people get into a fight and I realized this isn't reality I must be dreaming.
Seeing people carring guns and machettes and UN military army tanks. Mounds of garbage and rancid odors along with the other mulitude of things words can't describe.
This caused what I thought was a strong mind to crash into reality of how totally weak I really am.
I thank God for watching over us all and getting us home safley, I think I kissed the ground after getting off the plane on in the US.
I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful as to helping everyone with the work on the orpanage.
It took three days for my body to emerge from being in a fetal position on my bed, how lame and week was that!
I would like to thank You You and Gail and Jody for all they do.
Thank you Jody for giving me that crushing hug during my time of self created time of desperation.
It lifted my spirits and once again comfort began to seep deeply back into my soul.
I don't really know how this Blog thing works yet but I'd like to say thanks to Tanya for helping to grow a little through this process.
If I believed in making wishes I'd wish for just half of Tanya's brain cells, then at least I'd get past my gradeschool mentality.
Michelle!!! You totally rock!
I was and still am inspired by your true inner strength.
When I was having a very hard time with being exposed to an enviorment that my mind just couldn't process you gave me words of encouragement which lifted my spirit.
You didn't speak of inner strength but I could see it in your eyes and this helped my mind to refocus.Thank U! very much!
Brother Donn Brown ! Oh what a true insperation!
Totally awesome!
In you I have seen a true inner peace which goes beyond description; I have seen more of Jesus through you than anyone before.
I'm sorry I didn't call after arriving back in the states I was still trying to come out of my shell hope to hear from you soon.
Sorry we missed you at the gathering in Newburg- hopefully our paths will cross again.
Well today I went to Jail and into the drunk tank I went- ha ha bet I've got you wandering now!I've been waiting for Jesus to give me a ministry.
So today I went to the local county jail and got locked into a drunk tank with a pastor and with some prisoners.
But before I went I prayed for a while and asked God to go with me and that he'd speak through me for his purpose and Glory.
The experience was totally awesome and more than I could have ever expected.
I gave them all a big hug when I left, it felt awesome to feel what I felt inside, I think it made me feel what Jesus must have felt like when in the presence of the less fortunate.
I felt the love of Christ run right through me and into them!
Now I know how Jesus wants us to love all of mankind- totally unconditionally.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Derek,
I am so glad that God finally revealed to you His plan for your life. I love you!

Michelle said...

ok, I have to admit it's hard for me to picture you sitting at a computer blogging, but I'm impressed! I loved being in Haiti with you and Tanya. You were pretty encouraging to all of us (the women anyway since you kept telling us we were right under Jesus in ranks).

I look forward to reading more posts.

angela said...

wow!

Tanya said...

My life is a mystery:
I can't comprehend the width or depth of God's love.
Seems in the past I struggled with so many things I can't remember them all, and I guess I don't want to.
I'm in total awe as to all his blessings Tanya and I have recieved this year, especially since we don't deserve them at all.
I feel that through the adoption process that God has added many wonderful people into my life.
In my heart even though I don't see you all often enough, I feel as if your my family and love ones.
Jesus has shown me family isn't always biological, what a wonderful gift.
Please pray that God gives me the strenght to be the witness and servant he wants me to be for his Glory.
My toughest battlefield now is trying to be Christ like in the presence of my co-workers who aren't Christians.
I pray to get trough the day without making any slip ups, I've come pretty close but I'm not there yet, but I'm getting closer.
I know people are looking @ me under a microscope to see if I'm for real or not.
Have a wonderful week.
All my love to you all in the name of Jesus.

Kathy Eden said...

I'm with Michelle regarding the computer blogging...but welcome anyway!!! Thanks for sharing yourself with others!
If you ever need some one to eat with at the Triple Dragon...give me a call! Randy says I should own stock in that restaurant. I really, really like it!